**DISCLAIMER - THC123 is an Employment Agency for the Cannabis Industry. Our openings are tied to multiple clients in the Cannabis Industry. Please reference JOB ID in emails to allow our team to serve you best.
The Director of Cultivation is ready to help startup a modern cultivation operation from scratch. Responsibilities include reviewing all plans, design, and oversight of staff hiring/training, genetics acquisitions, company goal setting, facility maintenance, compliance, and all things production.
This role will manage the entire cultivation staff and report directly to ownership. This position will be compensated with salary, and potential bonuses.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of all cultivation operations, plans, policies, and procedures - including propagation, plant care, IPM, health and safety operations, harvest, etc.
- Create and maintain a transparent, open, and cooperative working environment in which all employees understand their duties and how individual duties affect company goals.
- Create and implement best practices for plant health, paying close attention to different cultivars’ specific needs.
- Collect and analyze data on specific cultivars from seed to sale in order to help owners with strategic decision making.
- Manage the staff, responsible for all plants, equipment, and personnel.
- Create and execute periodic internal audits to ensure company, state, and environmental regulations are met.
- Create and implement a thorough training program for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, and compliance. The training program includes a clear career path.
- Experiment with new growing techniques, breeding, and new cultivars in order to stay current and maximize yield/quality.
- Select, oversee installation, and train staff on the operation of the cultivation facility’s automated tools: including grow room temperature controls, lighting, fertigation, light deprivation, and other infrastructure.
- Monitor climate equipment and data – repair, adjust, and maintain as necessary to ensure proper functionality and maximum quality/yield.
- Develop inspection process to identify maintenance and repair needs.