THC123 is looking to recruit experienced cannabis growers for a newly MMFLA licensed cultivation location in Inkster, Michigan.
Cannabis growers will be responsible to oversee the operations at this cannabis cultivation facility. The operations include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, cloning, transplanting, and providing nutrients for various strains of marijuana plants
- Setting up and maintaining irrigation systems and environmental controls
- Ensuring that the facility is pest-free.
- Manage other cannabis production employees, including bud trimmers, assistant growers, extraction technicians, etc.
- Keep track of their facility's inventory.
- Ensure that the production facility remains clean and organized, much like a laboratory environment, and that tasks are completed within budgetary and time constraints.
Cannabis growers will typically need a bachelor's degree or higher in horticulture, agriculture, agronomy or a related field, unless the grower has extensive direct experience. Growers are also responsible for topics such as marijuana production and safety techniques, law and policy, and biological effects of marijuana.
- Cannabis growers need experience working at a greenhouse or indoor farm.
- The management portion of the job requires:
- leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Training employees
- Establishing schedules and workflow.
- Growers need extensive knowledge of cannabis strains and plant genetics to be able to track and catalog plants from the clone stage to harvesting.