NOW HIRING * Full-time & Part-time Cannabis Cultivation & Production Staff
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED, but not necessary
This is a full-time or part-time role in a rapidly expanding industry. Must be 21 years old to apply. Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Essential capacities we look for in a candidate: 1) attitude, 2) work ethic, 3) passion to work with cannabis, 4) capacity to learn.
Our client is a professional services company who provides full service plant and product capacities to licensed cultivation companies. You would be assigned to 2-3 clients, and have learning opportunities across multiple licensed operations.
Applicants should send a current resume and brief cover letter explaining their interest in the job opportunity.
The Cannabis Cultivation & Production Technicians, commonly referred to as “Support Specialist” are responsible for assisting with all aspects of Our client’s client cultivation operations from propagation and pre-harvest services, to harvesting and post-harvest production manufacturing. Essential functions include — but are not limited to — assisting in cleaning, cloning, transplanting, IPM applications, pruning plants, planting, resetting rooms, bucking, trimming, packaging, and light manufacturing of pre-rolls or similar, as well as various miscellaneous tasks that fall under the day-to-day operations of a licensed cannabis cultivation facility.
Under the supervision of the Crew Chief assigned to our clients, this team member will be responsible for following ALL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to various aspects of our client’s cultivation and to maintain compliance within their facility at all times. Training is provided. Support Specialists will be responsible for many of key day-to-day tasks that keep our client(s) facilities operating smoothly and on-time for production cycles, so it is critical that they possess a positive mindset, a capacity to focus output/results, as well as a “team-first” mentality.
We are looking for team members with cultivation experience, a manufacturing inclination, and a “professional” mentality. Our client has excellent relationships with our clients, and we take seriously the quality of professionals that comprise of our service teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Support Specialist perform many activities as requested by our clients across the lifecycle of a cannabis plant and continuing into post-harvest production. These include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Transferring plants from one stage to the next; de-fanning plants, removing waste, weighing & tracking plant waste
· General maintenance duties, e.g., scrubbing and sanitizing trays in propagation room, veg room and various flowering rooms; cleaning miscellaneous growing equipment to maintain protocols
· Completes regularly scheduled quality assessment of plants for signs of pests/disease under the training of the Cultivation Manager.
· Support harvesting of plants, preparing for drying and curing
· Support trimming and packaging of product
· Support light manufacturing of products, such as pre-rolls
· Support cultivation room sanitization and reset for next crops
· Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at appropriate times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures, and chemicals. Complete training will be provided upon hiring.
· Transports trash and waste to disposal area, and assist with processing plant waste to regulation
· Complies with safety requirements at all times.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Acts in a manner reflective of the company culture of high moral standards, work ethic, trust in the team, continuous improvement, and sustainable relationships.
Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concern in a constructive manner.
Follow all safety protocols and policies; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training.
Present a professional image in appearance, hygiene, actions, and words.
Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative, and quality of work.
Work scheduled shifts and show up on time and ready to work; record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly.
Understand and practice company values.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures presented by our various clients.
· Have a basic understanding of cannabis laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state Michigan; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
· Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to cultivation and productization with other areas being taught as the employee shows interest while still maintaining their capabilities and productivity.
· Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed.
· Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
· Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with direct supervisors and other co-workers.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to solve practical problems.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
· Previous wash/sanitation experience within a manufacturing environment, highly preferred
· Prior dishwashing experience
· Prior janitorial experience
· Prior trimming & cultivation experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. (100 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
Must not be allergic to or have a fear of insects.
Work is performed in a fast-paced cannabis grow operation.
Our client expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
# # #
Job Type: Full-time / Ability to work weekends a must
Salary: $15.00 /hour
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
Our client is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. Military veterans are highly encouraged to apply. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the regulations outlined by the State of Michigan, LARA, and MRA.